We are always buying and consistantly updating our prices! If you wish to sell us something you do not see on the buy list, please use the "Contact Us" form and let us know what you'd like to sell!
How do I sell cards to Cataclysm Games? (Please Read)
1. You can quickly and easily find the cards you wish to sell by using the search bar on the left side of the screen. Once you've located a card you are interested in selling to us, just add it to your Sell Cart. Please be aware that you must be in "Selling Mode" to sell cards to us.
2. To edit your Cart or Checkout, simply click the "View Buylist/Submit" link in the Cart Summary section.
3. Follow the system prompts to complete your sell order.
4. Wait for the confirmation email to arrive. After you submit your buylist, we have to double-check that we want to buy everything at the posted prices. Usually this takes less than one business day, but please read this email carefully when it arrives because sometimes we do make changes. If you do not receive a confirmation email within two business days, please contact us using the "Contact Us" page located on our website, and we will manually adjust your submission.
5. Please include a print out of your confirmation email with your package. Occasionally we receive buylists with no name on them and consequently we have a difficult time locating the seller. Don’t let this happen to you!
6. Make sure that your cards are sorted in the EXACT order that they appear on your confirmation email. If your cards arrive out of order, please expect an additional delay of up to 5 business days before completion of your buylist. Please note that in extreme cases such as buylists of several hundred cards that arrive in no order at all, we reserve the right to either return the entire order or else assess a penalty of up to 10% of the final value of your buylist. We will contact you before processing your buylist if we intend to return it or assess a penalty.
7. Remember to package your cards securely. We don't want your cards to be damaged during shipment and neither should you, so please take the time to make sure your cards are well packed and protected. Do not put cards in plastic zip lock bags or wrap them with rubber bands, these will more than likely result in damage. We highly recommend packaging your cards in plastic card cases or boxes designed specifically to hold trading cards. Bubble mailers work well too, but please remember to secure the cards so that they do not become loose during transit. We also ask that you please not sleeve your cards, we have to unsleeve every card in order to grade it so you will be saving us time and allowing us to pay you faster!
8. Please address all buylists to:
8289 Burden Rd Suite SE Machesney Park IL 61115
9. While we don't require it, we strongly recommend that you purchase tracking and insurance for your package. Occasionally things get lost in the mail and we are not responsible for the post office's mistakes, so in order to protect yourself and your package we encourage you to spend the extra couple dollars on both tracking and insurance.
10. Although we understand that sometimes there are delays in sending cards to us, due to the constantly changing nature of card prices we ask that all buylists sent to us are received at our facility within 10 business days of their acceptance. After that time, any prices we've offered are subject to change.
11. We will send an email to you when your package arrives at our facility. You will receive another email within two business days once your cards have been graded and a final value has been determined. Please keep in mind that we pay 80% of the Near Mint price for Slightly Played cards, 60% for Moderately Played cards, 50% for Heavily Played cards and 10% for Damaged Cards. If you are uncomfortable receiving a reduced price for cards graded below Near Mint, please closely inspect the cards you are sending to us beforehand and include a physical note stating that you would prefer to have us return any cards not graded at Near Mint to you at your expense.
12. In order to make sure that everyone who sells cards to us is completely satisfied with their experience, we email all sellers whose buylists depreciate by more than 20% in value due to downgrades in condition before we complete their submission. If we do not receive a reply within two business days, we continue to process their submission as usual. If you would like to bypass this step in the event that your buylist will be downgraded by more than the 20% threshold, please include a physical note.
13. At the end of each business day we double check each buylist to verify that it has been graded properly. For this reason, please allow up to one business day after your buylist has been graded for us to send payment.
14. If you want to change your buylist for any reason before sending it to us, for instance to remove a card from the list, please make a note on the invoice. If you wish to add cards, please submit a second buylist. Please feel free to include multiple buylists in one package, but remember to include the invoices for each one.
Our Grading Scale and Prices:
(100%)Near Mint: A card in Near Mint condition will show little to no wear. It may have a light scratch, small nick, or barely noticeable border wear. A foil card will have little to no clouding and retain most or all of its original gloss.
(80%)Slightly Played: A card in Slightly Played condition will show visible, minor wear. It may have mild border or corner wear, minor bending, light scratching, small nicks, light scuffing, or very minor border creasing. A foil card may also have moderate clouding and have lost some of its original gloss. Cards signed by the artist, Richard Garfield, or bearing a Pro Tour Stamp which would otherwise be graded as Near Mint are graded as Slightly Played.
(60%) Moderately Played: A card in Moderately Played condition will show visible and minor-excessive wear. It may have extensive border and/or corner wear, scratching, nicks, scuffing, or minor creasing.
(50%)Heavily Played: A card in Heavily Played condition will show easily visible, but not extreme wear. It may have extensive border or corner wear, major bending, major scratching, major nicks, major scuffing, major creasing along the top border from shuffling, moderate whitening, slight inking along the borders, slight tearing along the borders, minor water damage, minor dirt buildup, or slight discoloration. A foil card may also have major clouding and have lost most of its original gloss.
(10%)Damaged: A card in Damaged condition will show easily visible, extreme wear. It may have major whitening, heavy inking, major creasing or tearing, extensive water damage, writing on the front or back, missing pieces, extensive dirt buildup, or extreme discloration. A foil card may also have lost all of its original gloss.
We buy bulk!
Don't see your cards listed? Don't worry, we buy bulk Magic cards too. Cataclysm Games is currently paying the following prices for bulk:
Bulk Magic Rares and Mythics: $0.10 each
Bulk Magic FOIL Rares: $0.10 each
Bulk Magic FOIL Mythic Rares: $.50 each
Bulk Promotional Cards: $0.10 each
Bulk UNSORTED Magic Commons/Uncommons: $.003 each ($3 per thousand)
Bulk Magic Basic Land: $.003 each ($3 per thousand)
Bulk Magic FOIL Commons/Uncommons and Basic Land: $0.05 each
Please keep in mind that these prices are for bulk Magic cards that are Near Mint and English. We will return all bulk cards that do not meet these requirements at your expense, so please be careful before sending bulk cards in.
Also, for bulk commons/uncommons, the cards must be unsorted--meaning that we will not accept bulk cards that are sorted (alphabatized, color-sorted, 5+ copies of a single card in a row). If the bulk is sorted, we may buy it at a reduced rate.